Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text uses a 12-point New Times Roman font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
AE: A Journal of Literature, Community and the Natural World, as an open access journal, makes the full text of its published articles universally and freely available online. While many open access journals, including AE, employ Creative Commons licenses (https://creativecommons.org), authors may assign a more or less restrictive CC license than the journal or assert full copyright protection.
AE: A Journal of Literature, Community and the Natural World Policy: Copyright for items published in this journal is retained by authors/creators. Works are also licensed under Creative Commons Attribution License International 4.0: Attribution - Non-Commercial - No Derivatives.